MY DAilY JOUrnEY

July 01, 2008

23 May 2008- 30 June 2008

Hey all,

23-May- Worked, went shopping, Watched “Supernatural”, “Janice Model Agency”, “CatWoman” and “NCIS”, read, chatted to family and then slept
24-May-read, did the washing, made supper, chatted to family, watched “Racing Stripes”, went shopping, played with the animals and then slept
25-May-Made Breakfast and Supper, went shopping, did some knitting, did the washing, watched “Awake”, “BrokeBack Mountain” and “The Nativity Story”
26-May- Worked, watched “Silverado” and
“Sea Patrol”, chatted to family and then slept
27-May- Worked, watched “PSI Factor”, “Sea Patrol”, went to the library, chatted to family and then slept
28-May- HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! Worked, went shopping, cooked, watched “Sea Patrol”, read and then slept
29-May- Worked, cleaned chairs, watched “Break In (with Eric Winters)” and “Westlife No.1’s Tour”, chatted to family and then slept
30-May- Worked, watched “Supernatural”, “NCIS” and “Rocky V”, chatted with family and then slept
31-May- read, shopping, watched “The Family Stone” and “Home Improvement” chatted to family, played with the animals and then slept
1-Jun- Read, watched “Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe” and “Robin Hood (TV Series)”, chatted to family and then slept
2-Jun- Worked, Cooked, Watched “Macleod’s Daughters”, chatted to family, read and then slept
3-Jun- Worked, Watched “PSI Factor” and “Touched by An Angel”, chatted to family, played with the animals and then slept
4-Jun- Worked, cook, watched “Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift”, Chatted to family, read and then slept
5-Jun- Worked, Watched “Up Close & Personal” and “Isidingo”, chatted to family, played with animals and then slept
6-Jun- Worked, Went shopping with a friend, watched “Supernatural” & “NCIS”, chatted to family and then slept
7-Jun- Watched “The Day after Tomorrow” & “Narnia: Prince Caspian”, washing, read, chat to family, played with the animals, chatted to friends and then slept
8-Jun-Cooked, watched “Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Bonus Features)” & “Mary Poppins”, chatted to family, read, played with the animals and then slept
9-Jun- Worked, was sick, watched “Isidingo”, “Mary Poppins (Bonus Features)”, washing, cook, chatted with family and then slept

10-Jun- Worked, watched “PSI Factor”, “Touched By an Angel” and “Isidingo”, read, played with the animals and then slept
11-Jun- Worked, watched “Isidingo”, chatted to family, cooked, read and then slept
12-Jun-On Leave, watched “Prison Break”, “Life”, “Dangerous Minds” and “ER’, read, played with animals and then slept
13-Jun- On Leave, Shopping, Visit friend in hospital, meeting at Work, watched “Isidingo” & “Macleod’s Daughters”, chatted to family, played with the animals and then slept
14-Jun- read, shopping, watched “Hard Cash” & “Nicholas Nickleby”, chatted to family, read, knit and then slept
15-Jun- (Father’s Day), went for drive, washing, shopping, watched “Elektra’, read, played with animals and then slept
16-Jun- On Leave, went to go see a Wild Bird show, shopping, watched “Macleod’s Daughters”, “Numb3rs”, cook, chatted to family, played with the animals and then slept

17-Jun- On Leave, shopping, knitting, watched “Bourne Identity” & “Numb3rs”, chatted to family and then slept
18-Jun- On Leave, watched “PSI Factor”, “Touched By an Angel”, “Macleod’s Daughters”, “Numb3rs””, cook, read, washing, played with the animals and then slept
19-Jun- On Leave, watched “Men in trees”, “Broken Arrow”, “The Lizzie Maguire Movie” “Isidingo” and “Numb3rs”, shopping, knitting, chatting to family and then slept
20-Jun- (Aunt Died –Age 40) On Leave, watched “Hollywood Homicide”& “ER”, washing, chatting to family and friends, read and sleep
21-Jun- Prepping for trip for funeral
22-Jun- (HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD) , Traveling, chatting with family
23-Jun~28-June – went to funeral, supporting family, cooking, playing with animals, chatting to family, visiting friends & Family, shopping, watched “The Forbidden Kingdom” read and sleep
29-Jun-Travelling back, unpacking, chatting to family, watch “Oceans 11”, read and then slept
30-Jun- Worked, watched “Isidingo”, “Macleod’s Daughters”, “Numb3rs””, cook, shopping, played with animals, chatted to family and then slept.

HAIRBRUSH EXPERIENCE OF BETH MOORE AT THE AIRPORT
For those of you who do not know Beth Moore, she is an outstanding Bible teacher, writer of Bible studies, and is a married mother of two daughters.
This is one of her experiences:

April 20, 2005, at the Airport in Knoxville, waiting to board the plane, I had the Bible on my lap and was very intent upon what I was doing. I'd had a marvelous morning with the Lord. I say this because I want to tell you it is a scary thing to have the Spirit of God really working in you. You could end up doing some things you never would have done otherwise. Life in the Spirit can be dangerous for a thousand reasons not the least of which is your ego.

I tried to keep from staring, but he was such a strange sig ht. Humped over in a wheelchair, he was skin and bones, dressed in clothes that obviously fit when he was at least twenty pounds heavier His knees protruded from his trousers, and his shoulders looked like the coat hanger was still in his shirt. His hands looked like tangled masses of veins and bones. The strangest part of him was his hair and nails. Stringy, gray hair hung well over his shoulders and down part of his back. His fingernails were long, clean but strangely out of place on an old man.

I looked down at my Bible as fast as I could, discomfort burning my face. As I tried to imagine what his story might have been, I found myself wondering if I'd just had a Howard Hughes sighting. Then, I remembered that he was dead. So this man in the airport... an impersonator maybe? Was a camera on us somewhere? There I sat; trying to concentrate on the Word to keep from being concerned about a thin slice of humanity served up on a wheelchair only a few seats from me. All the while, my heart was growing more and more overwhelmed with a feeling for him.

Let's admit it. Curiosity is a heap more comfortable than true concern, and suddenly I was awash with aching emotion for this bizarre-looking old man.
I had walked with God long enough to see the handwriting on the wall. I've learned that when I begin to feel what God feels, something so contrary to my natural feelings, something dramatic is bound to happen. And it may be embarrassing.

I immediately began to resist because I could feel God working on my spirit and I started arguing with God in my mind. 'Oh, no, God, please, no.' I looked up at the ceiling as if I could stare straight through it into heaven and said, 'Don't make me witness to this man. Not right here and now. Please. I'll do anything. Put me on the same plane, but don't mak e me get up here and witness to this man in front of this gawking audience. Please, Lord!'

There I sat in the blue vinyl chair begging His Highness, 'Please don't make me witness to this man. Not now. I'll do it on the plane.' Then I heard it...'I don't want you to witness to him. I want you to brush his hair.'
The words were so clear, my heart leap into my throat, and my thoughts spun like a top. Do I witness to the man or brush his hair? No-brainier. I looked straight back up at the ceiling and said, 'God, as I live and breathe, I want you to know I am ready to witness to this man.
I'm on this Lord. I'm your girl! You've never seen a woman witness to a man faster in your life. What difference does it make if his hair is a mess if he is not redeemed? I am going to witness to this man' Again as clearly as I've ever heard an audible word, God seemed to write this statement across the wall of my mind. 'That is not what I said, Beth. I don't want you to witness to him. I want you to go brush his hair.'

I looked up at God and quipped, 'I don't have a hairbrush. It's in my suitcase on the plane. How am I supposed to brush his hair without a hairbrush?' God was so insistent that I almost involuntarily began to walk toward him as these thoughts came to me from God's word: 'I will thoroughly furnish you unto all good works.' (2 Timothy 3:17)

I stumbled over to the wheelchair thinking I could use one myself. Even as I retell this story, my pulse quickens and I feel those same butterflies. I knelt down in front of the man and asked as demurely as possible, 'Sir,
May I have the pleasure of brushing your hair?'
He looked back at me and said, 'What did
you say?'

'May I have the pleasure of brushing your hair?'
To which he responded in volume ten, 'Little lady, if you expect me to hear you, you're going to have to talk louder than that.'

At this point, I took a deep breath and blurted out, 'SIR, MAY I HAVE THE PLEASURE OF BRUSHING YOUR HAIR?' At which point every eye in the place darted right at me. I was the only thing in the room looking more peculiar than old Mr. Long Locks. Face crimson and forehead breaking out in a sweat, I watched him look up at me with absolute shock on his face, and say, 'If you really want to.' Are you kidding? Of course I didn't want
to. But God didn't seem interested in my personal preference right about then. He pressed on my heart until I could utter the words, 'Yes, sir, I would be pleased. But I have one little problem. I don't have a hairbrush.' 'I have one in my bag,' he responded.

I went around to the back of that wheelchair, and I got on my hands and knees and unzipped the stranger's old carry-on, hardly believing what I was doing. I stood up and started brushing the old man's hair. It was perfectly clean, but it was tangled and matted. I don't do many things well, but must admit I've had notable experience untangling knotted hair mothering two little girls. Like I'd done with either Amanda or Melissa in such a condition, I began brush ing at the very bottom of the strands, remembering to take my time not to pull. A miraculous thing happened to me as I started brushing that old man's hair. Everybody else in the room disappeared.
There was no one alive for those moments except that old man and me. I brushed and I brushed and I brushed until every tangle was out of that hair. I know this sounds so strange, but I've never felt that kind of love for another soul in my entire life. I believe with all my heart, I - for that few minutes - felt a portion of the very love of God. That He had overtaken my heart for a little while like someone renting a room and making
Himself at home for a short while.

The emotions were so strong and so pure t hat I knew they had to be God's. His hair was finally as soft and smooth as an infant's.
I slipped the brush back in the bag and went around the chair to face him. I got back down on my knees, put my hands on his knees and said, 'Sir, do you know my Jesus? '

He said, 'Yes, I do.' Well, that figures, I thought. He explained, 'I've known Him since I married my bride. She wouldn't marry me until I got to know the Savior.' He said, 'You see, the problem is, I haven't seen my bride in months. I've had open-heart surgery, and she's been too ill to come see me. I was sitting here thinking to myself, what a mess I must be for my bride.'

Only God knows how often He allows us to be part of a divine moment when we're completely unaware of the significance. This, on the other hand, was one of those rare encounters when I knew God had intervened in details only He could have known. It was a God moment, and I'll never forget it. Our time came to board, and we were not on the same plane. I was deeply ashamed of how I'd acted earlier and would have been so proud to have accompanied him on that aircraft.

I still had a few minutes, and as I gathered my things to board, the airline hostess returned from the corridor, tears streaming down her cheeks. She said, 'That old man's sitting on the plane, sobbing. Why did you do that? What made you do that?'
I said, 'Do you know Jesus? He can be the bossiest thing!'

And we got to share.
I learned something about God that day. He knows if you're exhausted, you're hungry, you're serving in the wrong place or it is time to move on but you feel too responsible to budge. He knows if you're hurting or feeling rejected. He knows if you're sick or drowning under a
wave of temptation. Or He knows if you just need your hair brushed. He sees you as an individual. Tell Him your need!

I got on my own flight, sobs choking my throat, wondering how many opportunities just like that one had I missed along the way . . all because I didn't want people to think I was strange. God didn't send me to that old man. He sent that old man to me.
John 1:14 'The Word became flesh
and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father,
full of grace and truth'

Pancakes

Six -year-old Brandon decided one Saturday morning to fix his parents
pancakes He found a big bowl and spoon, pulled a chair to the counter, opened the
cupboard and pulled out the heavy flour canister, spilling it on the floor.
He scooped some of the flour into the bowl with his hands, mixed in
most of a cup of milk and added some sugar, leaving a floury trail on the floor which by now had a few tracks left by his kitten.

Brandon was covered with flour and getting frustrated. He wanted this
to be something very good for Mom and Dad, but it was getting very bad. He didn't know what to do next,
whether to put it all into the oven or on the stove and he didn't know how the stove
worked. Suddenly he saw his kitten licking from the bowl of mix and
reached to push her away, knocking the egg carton to the floor. Frantically he tried to
clean up this monumental mess but slipped on the eggs, getting his pajamas white and
sticky.
And just then he saw Dad standing at the door. Big crocodile tears
welled up in Brandon 's eyes. All he'd wanted to do was something good, but he'd made a terrible mess. He was sure a scolding was coming, maybe even a spanking. But his father just watched him.

Then, walking through the mess, he picked up his crying son, hugged
him and loved him, getting his own pajamas white and sticky in the process.
That's how God deals with us... We try to do something good in life,
but it turns into a mess. Our marriage gets all sticky or we insult a friend, or we can't
stand our job, or our health goes sour.

Sometimes we just stand there in tears because we can't think of anything else to do.
That's when God picks us up and loves us and forgives us, even though some of our mess gets all over Him.
But just because we might mess up, we can't stop trying to "make pancakes" for others. Sooner or later we'll get it right, and then they'll be glad we tried...

I was thinking and I wondered if I had any wounds needing to be healed, friendships that need rekindling or three words needing to be said, sometimes, "I love you" can heal & bless! Remind every one of your friends that you love them. Even if you think they don't love back, you would be amazed at what those three little words, a smile, and a reminder like this can do.
And never stop "making pancakes."


DECK OF CARDS

A young soldier was alone in his bunkhouse one Sunday morning over in
Afghanistan. It was quiet that day, the guns and the mortars, and land
mines for some reason hadn't made a noise.

He knew it was Sunday, the holiest day of the week. As he sat there, he
got out an old deck of cards and laid them out across his bunk.
Just then an army sergeant came in and said, "Why aren't you with the
rest of the platoon?"

The soldier replied, "I thought I would stay behind and spend some time
with the Lord."
The sergeant said, "Looks like you're going to play cards."

The soldier said, "No sir, you see, since we are not allowed to have
Bibles or other spiritual books in this country, I've decided to talk to
the Lord by studying this deck of cards."
The sergeant asked in disbelief, "How will you do that?"
"You see the Ace, Sergeant, it reminds that there is only one God.
The Two represents the two parts of the Bible, Old and New Testaments.

The Three represents the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
The Four stands for the Four Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
The Five is for the five virgins, there were ten, but only five of them
were glorified.
The Six is for the six days it took God to create the Heavens and Earth.
The Seven is for the day God rested after working the six days.

The Eight is for the family of Noah, his wife, their three sons and
their wives. God saved these eight people from the flood that destroyed
the earth for the first time.

The Nine is for the lepers that Jesus cleansed of leprosy. He cleansed
ten, but nine never thanked Him.
The Ten represents the Ten Commandments that God handed down to Moses on
tablets made of stone.

The Jack is a reminder of Satan. One of God's first angels, but he got
kicked out of heaven for his sly and wicked ways and is now the joker of
eternal lake of fire.
The Queen stands for the bride of Christ, which is called His church, or
body of believers that wait for his return.
The King stands for Jesus, for he is the King of all kings.

When I count the dots on all the cards, I come up with 365 total, one
for every day of the year.
There are a total of 52 cards in a deck, each is a week, 52 weeks in a
year.
The four suits represents the four seasons: spring, summer, fall and
winter.

Each suit has thirteen cards, there are exactly thirteen weeks in a
quarter.
So when I want to talk to God and thank Him, I just pull out this old
deck of cards and they remind me of all that I have to be thankful for."

The sergeant just stood there and after a minute, with tears in his eyes
and pain in his heart, he said, "Soldier, can I borrow that deck of
cards?"

"If My people, which are called by My Name, shall humble themselves, and
pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I
hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
II Chronicles 7:14



Thanks
Keep well all
Will Write Soon
Sillver :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home