MY DAilY JOUrnEY

July 04, 2005

Story, Movies and Sa Joke!!! :)

Hey all,
Well Monday again and the weather isn’t to great either. Been very buzy working and all that. Watched 2 great movies actually 4 lol :P “After the Sunset” with Pierce Brosnan and Salma Hayek, “Braveheart” with Mel Gibson and Brendon Gleeson and “Born on the 4th of July” Tom Cruise and Stephen Baldwin. As well as “Rollerball” with Chris Klein. My gran turned 87, she looks very good for her age and I am very glad that she is so well.

Story:They Missed Him! Author: Unknown
They were looking for a lion, He came as a Lamb, and they missed Him. They were looking for a warrior, He came as a Peacemaker, and they missed Him. They were looking for a king, He came as a Servant, and they missed Him. They were looking for liberation from Rome, He submitted to the Roman stake, and they missed Him. They were looking for a fit to their mold, He was the mold maker, and they missed Him. What are you looking for? Lion? Warrior? King? Liberator? What are you looking for? They were looking for their temporal needs to be met, He came to meet their eternal need, and they missed Him. He came as a Lamb to be sacrificed for your sin. Will you miss Him? He came to make peace between God and man. Will you miss Him? He came to model servanthood for all mankind. Will you miss Him? He came that we might have true liberty. Will you miss Him? He came to give you eternal life. Will you miss Him? When we submit to the Lamb, we will meet the Lion. Join with the Peacemaker, and we will meet the Warrior. Work with the Servant, and we will meet the King. Walk with the Submitted, and we will meet the Liberator. Concern ourselves with the eternal, and we will have the temporal. If Jesus is not fitting into the mold you have, then come to the mold maker and get a new one. Submit to His plan for your life and you will see the eternal need met first; then all the other things you have need of will be taken care of as well. “Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.” -1 Thessalonians 5:6 “Laat ons dan nie slaap soos die ander nie, maar laat ons waak en nugter wees.” -1 Thessalonians 5:6

SA Joke: Would you get an "A" in Geography?
I phoned a colleague in Cape Town and wanted to leave a message.
"Please ask him to phone me in Polokwane," I said.
"Where?" his secretary asked sounding as if she had bitten into a
lemon, "Polokwane, where's that?"
"Between Mokopane and Makhado in Limpopo," I said.
"Where is that?" she asked patiently.
I could hear she thought she had a joker on the line.
"Well,"I explained, "you drive from Tshwane past Bela-Bela and
Modimolle through the tollgate.
Continue past Mokopane but watch your speed as speed traps make lots
of money from those travelling too fast.
Polokwane is just after Mokopane but if you reach Makahado you have
gone too far."
I was not sure how we'd ended up on the road route when all I wanted
was a telephone call.
"Just hold it right there sir," she interrupted. "Where is Makhado?"
"Between Polokwane and Musina," I said trying to be helpful.
"Excuse me, sir, but where is Musina?"
"Musina is between Makhado and Harare."
"Do you live in Harare?" she asked as if she'd suddenly seen the
light.
"No," I said, "I am trying to explain where Polokwane is."
"In Zimbabwe?" she asked hopefully.
"No, in Limpopo," I corrected her. She gave a helpless sigh and
said:
"Please can we start again."
I thought at this stage she might be thinking she was live on air
with Leon Schuster and she became a
bit wary.
"Where is Tshwane?" "That's easy," I said ... "between Bela-Bela and
Egoli."
No sir, I mean the town."
"So do I," said I, figuring she was now into soapies while I was
still on the road so to speak.
"Egoli is on the other side of Tshwane when coming from the
direction of Bela-Bela," I said.
"Excuse me, have you perhaps had too much to drink?"
"No," I said, "I am not drunk. They changed the name."
"Do you mean someone has changed your name?"
"Not my name, the town's name." "What town's name?" "Pietersburg."
"You live in Pietersburg!" she cried with delight.
I could detect the dawn of understanding.
"No," I said, "I live in Polokwane, formerly known as Pietersburg."
"No s**t?" she blurted.
"No s**t!" I confirmed.
"So you're phoning from Polokwane previously know as Pietersburg?"
"Exactly." "Now what were all the other names you mentioned?"
I realised the poor lass needed a lesson in the geography of our country pretty quickly so I explained:
"Egoli is Johannesburg.
Tshwane is Pretoria.
If you travel north you pass Bela-Bela, formerly Warmbaths, after
that Modimolle that was
Nylstroom and Potgietersrust that is Mokopane now. After Mokopane
you get Polokwane that was Pietersburg then Louis Trichardt that became
Makhado. After you have passed Makhado you get Musina that was originally
Messina."
"And Musina is by the Limpopo!" she exclaimed triumphantly.
"Yes," I said, "but the Limpopo I was speaking of is the province."
"What do you call the river then?"
"Limpopo," I said.
"Blooming hell!"

Write More tomorrow
Ciao
Silver
:P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home